Sunday, June 8, 2014

Swatches & review: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick

Hi ladies! Rimmel recently released a new and improved formula to their Moisture Renew Lipsticks in 13 new shades. As the name suggests, I found the lippies to be quite moisturising for my lips - no dry feeling whilst I wore them.

There were a range of brighter shades, darker and vampier ones as well as the more neutral shades. Me being me, I leaned towards the brighter shades, and also a dark and vampy plum.


From the shades I swatched, I found they were quite pigmented.

Back to Fuchsia is a beautiful bright raspberry. It's definitely right up my alley!

Amethyst Shimmer has a fine shimmer and results in a pearly looking finish. To be honest, it looked rather like a 'grandma' shade and not one I will be reaching for often - it doesn't look particularly flattering on me as well.

In Love with Ginger is another huge winner for me. I love this orange toned red and is bold, yet wearable. I find this shade of red easier to wear compared to blue toned reds anyway.


Diva Red is a darker red. Very bold and sophisticated!

Sloane's Plum was the shade I was most excited to try, but also the least flattering on me. It made me look rather vampire like - I guess I'm not a dark plum kinda gal.

I wore my two favourite shades and managed to find some good lighting to take a few photos. Unfortunately, my actual lip swatches still turned out duller than what is seen in real life.

Back to Fuchsia:


In Love with Ginger:


The wear time on the lippies were average; around 3-4 hours before fading. Eating and drinking will definitely affect wear time and create the unfortunate 'ring of colour' effect.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick are available from Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W and selected pharmacies across Australia. They retail at $13.95 each.

What do you think, are there any you think you might want to pick up?

Thanks for reading.
~Sharon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...