Friday, January 18, 2013

Ivanka and some houndstooth

Hello everyone :) I have a simple, but pretty manicure to share today. I don't recall the last time I wore a Zoya nail polish so I decided to pull out the stunning Ivanka to sport on my nails. I then decided to stamp the houndstooth design from BM-322 with a black stamping polish. The outcome is so gorgeous; I couldn't choose which photos to share so be prepared for a small pic spam ;)

ivanka and houndstooth1

ivanka and houndstooth2

ivanka and houndstooth3

ivanka and houndstooth4

I decided to add a matte top coat the next day and loved how it 'trapped' the golden flecks on the nail even when the light was hitting it :)

ivanka and houndstooth5

ivanka and houndstooth6

ivanka and houndstooth7

After wearing this, I remembered why I don't usually wear Ivanka - it's a little too bright and attention calling :P I loved it all the same still but it'll be awhile before I pull it out to wear again! What do you think, is this a little to loud for your nails?

Thanks for reading as always!
~Sharon

6 comments:

  1. I love Ivanka - I pulled it out soon as I heard that this yr the panatone shade was emerald and thought yeah - I will be wearing more of my green polishes that lean a little bit holiday or St. Patty's day only looking and feel fine about sporting many of them more than just during those occasional times. Then all the pastels hit..I am pulled between looks right now of getting my winter shades some love, sporting some of my greens, and wearing some soft pastels and forever my reds and fuchsias! Glad it's another yr of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love it matted! If I had to wear only one pattern for the rest of my life, I would probably pick houndstooth. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I think I have a greater excuse to wear my green shades this year, even at work ;) I've always been a more vampy shade kind of girl so I'm more torn between wearing the darker shades and greens than the pastels.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda! I've always wanted to wear the houndstooth look and finally can do so with my stamping plate :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definantly wear that polish! But i dont mind really bright ones, as long as i like the shade of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's like me, except with the dark and vampies :P I don't usually mind brights much, just...not to bright please ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...