Thursday, December 27, 2012

Swatches and review: OPI Euro Centrale collection

Hello hello! I recently had the opportunity to try out some of the nail polishes from OPI's upcoming Euro Centrale collection, to be released in February 2013. Without further ado, here are my swatches and thoughts on four of my picks :)

euro centrale lacquers1

Here I have three thin coats of You're such a Budapest. At first glance, this looks like a simple blue toned purple but if you look closer, it's actually got the prettiest hidden shimmer in it ♥ I love that the silver shimmer is not obvious and you can totally get away with wearing it in more conservative working environments. The formula is a little streaky so I applied thinner coats for a more even look. Gorgeous! I have nothing bad to say about this one :)

you're such a budapest1

you're such a budapest2

you're such a budapest3

Suzi's Hungary again is a coral looking pink. I applied two coats and coverage was great. Because I don't own many pinks, this one is unique to my collection but if you're an avid fan of this type of shade, you might not be as willing to purchase it.

suzi's hungary again1

suzi's hungary again2

OPI Eurso Euro, what a spectacular dark, but bright blue you are! ♥♥ Being a huge lover of blues and purples, this one is definitely still unique to my stash. I love that it's bright but dark at the same time, and the polish just flows onto your nails so easily! Photos show two coats of the beauty.

opi eurso euro1

opi eurso euro2

Polka.com, oh how I was looking forward to you! And it doesn't disappoint :) What a lovely mix of glitters - small blue squared glitters with a toss of medium hex shapes in electric blue, purple and pink. My swatches below show one thin coat layered over a base colour.

Over You're such a Budapest

polka dot com layered over you're such a budapest1

Over Suzi's Hungary again

polka dot com layered over suzi's hungary again1

Over OPI Eurso Euro

polka dot com layered over opi eurso euro1

I personally believe Polka.com looks best layered over lighter shades. I can't wait to experiment with it more :D What are your thoughts on the four nail polishes from this collection? Any you'll be needing? ;)

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Not one here that I don't have something in my stash that is really close if not spot on dupe - but then I have been collecting polishes in this current collection for over 19 yrs - I have a ton of older OPIs. I know I have this coral pink. The blue might be a tish different from some I have. I am disappointing with the glitter here - it's sparse and I do like sparse ones - but this one is way too little of much of anything in it that seems to come up on the brush - maybe it's OK if it had say 2 coats and then took time to fish out and place the hexs randomly around. But then I keep hearing heavy glitters are not going to be in style for most of 2013...so if that's the case, this one fits with the trend forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I'm sorry you're disappointed with Polka.com. It's definitely my favourite and I can see so many potential layering combinations. Perhaps it needs to be seen in person to be appreciated more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours alot.. i talked myself out of polka.com.. i do love the colours in the glitter but I have so many!
    I do love the Budapest one..despite it's streakiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you own a fair number of bottles, it's really hard to avoid dupes :P Congrats on talking yourself out on Polka.com...even though it's so pretty! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...