Friday, June 1, 2012

Uh-oh roll down the window with some glitter bling (and a holo ring!)

Hello :) Wow, my title rhymes :D When I first featured OPI Uh-oh roll down the window, I called it an ugly colour. Oh, how I eat my words! The cooler months have had me eyeing the dark shades in my stash recently and after I saw a top in this shade while shopping, I knew I had to wear this.

The glitter gradient at the nail base was a technique I had been wanting to try out. After applying two coats of Uh-oh roll down the window I took OPI Servin' up sparkle and applied a glitter gradient. After that, I used Essence Make it golden to add a touch of gold. I really like the final look!

army green and glitter1

army green and glitter2

army green and glitter3

And here are a couple of shots with my OMG ring :) Second photo is with flash because there was no sun.

army green and glitter with ring2

army green and glitter with ring1

What do you think of this mani?

Thanks for dropping by.
~Sharon

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it very much! Great gradient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bases color! it's an unusual but pretty one! also love the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the final look. The base color is something I would not wear alone but with this glitter it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful nails and I love the Polish ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this green is to die!! so unique the glitter makes it even snazier 

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful nails.

    http://beautyshinewoman.blogspot.pt/ 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Amber! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, thank you. I really like the gradient myself too :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! It really is a pretty khaki shade :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I knew I had to layer the glitters over it to make it pop :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Missy :) This one is my favourite :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, thanks Jessica! Glad you like the polish :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this mani - that glitter really makes the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful  nails, and that ring <3 so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks :D The glitter really adds that little something more to it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, thank you ^^ Love the ring...and the mani, of course :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...