Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blue and yellow stripes...like the minions?

Hi everyone~Last night I attended my friend's birthday party and the theme he had was blue and yellow. So not only did I get to wear my pretty blue summer dress, I also did up my nails to match the theme. I decided to go with some stripes, since I haven't done them in awhile and took inspiration from Nailside, who does heaps of amazing nail art.

I used Ulta3 spring blossom as the base colour, then took my striper brush and applied Australis Blue tiger. To add a little more to the mani, I used my black nail art polish to add some black stripes. I quite like the end result! :) And they also remind me of the minions from Despicable Me!

blue&yellow stripes1

blue&yellow stripes2

I love the way the two colours come together. What do you think of this mani?

Thanks for dropping by!
~Sharon

8 comments:

  1. LOVE! I'm so envious of all these stripe manis. The colour combo reminds me of a shorts and waistcoat set I had as a little girl - mum had wanted a boy so i was put in some pretty tomboy-ish threads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I haven´t tried any striped manis, yet, but I have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The colours work really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love those colours together :]]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, thank you! ^^ Lol at your mum though, did you like the waistcoat and shorts? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh do show me if you do! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle :) They really remind me of the minions! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you :) And hehe, I do too ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...