Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A clean, white manicure...almost.

Hi everyone~ When I first pictured this manicure in my head, it looked sooooooooo good. Why then, did it not translate as well onto my nails? Ahhhh, the frustration that ensues when this happens!

I started off with two coats of Ulta3 Lily white. On my pinky and index fingers, I layered with two coats of China Glaze White cap. On my middle finger, I applied two coats of Nubar 2010 onto the white polish base. The flakies were actually more apparent in real life, but didn't show up too well in the photos below. For my ring finger, I applied two coats of OPI Rainbow connection, then another two coats of Flormar #20 to achieve the glitter sandwhich look. I took Rainbow connection again to apply a glitter gradient on my thumb.

white & sparkles1

white & sparkles2

white & sparkles3

I think this may have looked better over a different base colour - the white polish just stood out too much against my skin tone for a full manicure. I'll be trying this again another time with a different shade!

Thanks for reading,
~Sharon

22 comments:

  1. I love the flakie finger and the glitter sandwhich! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of your glitter sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooovveeee the ring finger!! I need to copy that sometime.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, i love the glitter sandwich look, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loove these! So pretty :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun color!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layering! I haven't busted out this glitter yet, but this mani is making me want to ~ 

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glitter sandwich is definitely my favourite <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Veronica :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Need to try more glitter sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it's so funnnnnn to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute glitter for a jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kellie! It's one of my favourite ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where do you purchase Flomar 20...I have googled it without much success....is there an equivalent?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I purchased it overseas from a dollar shop. I believe it is old and/or discontinued but I really don't know much about Flormar products.


    I haven't tried this myself but you can probably achieve a similar polish by mixing white nail polish into clear polish - it's just taking down the opacity level of the white polish. Hope that helps and do let me know of how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a good idea. I was told that Essie Marshmallow is a good one to do sandwiches with too and it is readily available.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, I'm glad you can find a readily available nail polish. Essies are super expensive here so I'm going to be making my own when I run out of the Flormar ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...